TENNIS COURT INFORMATION
These courts are USTA approved court conditions. They require special care and are easily susceptible to damage due to improper use. Please be advised of the following:
• The tennis courts will only be open from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
• The light switches for both courts are located on the exterior wall of the pavilion. Please note the lights can take up to 5-6 minutes to warm up, do not flick lights on and off.
• Please turn off the lights when you finish playing tennis, unless another player is approaching the relevant court.
TENNIS COURT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The courts are to be used by Old Fort Bay (OFB) property owners, and their authorized guests only.
2. Old Fort Bay residents or property owners and/or authorized IOF members must accompany non-resident guests on the tennis court.
3. Proper tennis shoes & apparel are required. No hard sole, pointed heel shoes or no running shoes are allowed. Smooth sole shoes only. Bare feet, sandals, street shoes are not permitted. Swimsuits, cutoffs, sports bras and jeans are not permitted. All players must wear shirts.
4. No bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, rip sticks or any toys are allowed on the courts.
5. Please remove any pebbles or rocks of any sort before and after use.
6. The tennis courts can only be used for the purpose of tennis. No other recreation or entertaining is allowed on the courts.
7. Please note if you play singles, the time limit will be 1 hour. If you play doubles, the time limit will be 1.5 – 2 hours (as 4 people are on the court).
8. As we only have two courts, please sign up for one court only per 1-2 hours playing period.
9. Each person is responsible for cleaning and taking care of the courts before leaving.
10. Any breach of these rules will result in a fine of $100.00, enforced by the POA.
11. OFB Tennis members are all OFB Homeowners or renters paying POA fees or Islands of Old Fort Bay household paying the tennis dues.
12. Members and their direct family living in the household can book a court at any time but no more than once a day.
13. All members must register online before playing.
14. If member cannot make his booking, he has to cancel the booking online as soon as possible. Failing to showing up to tennis court prevent others from playing and such repetitive behavior will be sanctioned by a temporary ban from booking a court.
15. Players must show up on time as OFB security will be opening the courts while ensuring validity of membership to prevent usage abuse by non-members.
16. Courts can be reserved on http://www.fastcourts.com/clubs/OldFortBay/
17. Courts may be reserved no more than one week in advance of the playing date.
18. Please be courteous to your fellow playing members while entering and exiting a court.
19. OFB tennis members are allowed to organize tennis lessons, respecting above rules.
*Please note all fines that may be paid as a result a breach of one of the above rules will go into an account that is used for maintenance and upkeep of this area. We are happy to have this recreational area for you. Please remember that this area is a common area for our community so please help keep it clean and safe.
Use of the tennis courts, playground, pavilion and other Old Fort Bay common areas is at your own risk. By using the tennis courts, playground, pavilion and other Old Fort Bay common areas you agree to take them as you find them and you agree that you shall not have or make any claim for injury or damage against Old Fort Bay Property Owners Association Limited or any of their agents no matter how such injury and/or damage may be occasioned and whether or not such injury or damage is in any way whatsoever due to any negligent act, breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of Old Fort Bay Property Owners Association Limited and/or any of their agents.